Client:Yuma Community Cancer Center
Standing three stories tall, with 40,000 square feet, the scale of the facility is three times larger than YRMC’s previous Cancer Center. The size allows YRMC to consolidate several new and existing services into one area, making it easier for patients to navigate and have convenient access to centrally-located resources.
YRMC believes that quality cancer care should be available close to home. The design aligns with the long-term community vision of creating a therapeutic, welcoming space with the latest medical infrastructure, resources and programs for Yuma residents and their family members who are facing the challenges of cancer. It is dedicated as much to prevention as it is to treatment and recovery, with education and screenings that help enable cancer patients to become cancer survivors.
The unique challenge of the project was to create a state-of-the-art building that would effectively house the most advanced medical technology for infusion and radiation oncology, including two linear accelerators. At the same time, the design needed to express consideration for patients, staff and visiting family members coping with the stress of cancer, through features such as an outdoor healing garden and areas for delivering new treatment approaches such as massage and acupuncture services.
Most of all, the project symbolizes the dream of the Yuma community to come together in partnership and establish a lasting place to provide superior cancer care and resources for those in need.
- State-of-the-art medical, therapeutic, and community center
- Optimum infusion and radiology oncology technology, including two linear accelerators
- Large facility that consolidates diverse cancer services in one place
- Close proximity to main hospital campus for easy access
- Outdoor healing garden for patients, staff and family members
- Community services, including education, outreach, cancer prevention, screening
- Latest diagnostic methods and new treatment approaches, such as acupuncture and massage